Vali Somers' focus is mediating personal injury cases. For over 30 years she has handled litigation of catastrophic injury and death cases, as well as cases where the injuries were less serious, but nonetheless significant for the injured parties. She has tried cases throughout Washington State and understands the uncertainty and stress of trial. Vali has a reputation of being fair, honest, and compassionate in her evaluation and resolution of cases. She believes that people who have been injured should be treated fairly and that they deserve to be helped. She has worked throughout her career with insurers and injured parties' attorneys to make that happen.
Vali believes that most cases can be settled in mediation where the parties control the outcome. To achieve this, both sides need to be clear on the facts that control the case, they must understand the needs, motivation and desires of both parties, and they must assess the cost and risk of trial. The parties must have an opportunity to express their positions and frustrations and be heard.
Vali is well suited to be a neutral mediator. She likes people, enjoys hearing their stories, and feels a need to help people achieve satisfaction in their lives and in their cases.
Past Legal Experience:
- Murray, Dunham & Murray – Partner
- Hollenbeck, Lancaster, Miller & Andrews – Senior Trial Attorney
- Safeco Insurance Company – Trial Attorney
- Washington State Bar Association
- Pepperdine University’s Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution
- Gonzaga University School of Law – J.D. 1979
- Washington College – B.A. (International Studies major) 1975